Main: 888.703.1110 (Ext. 3)
- Juris Doctor, Franklin Pierce Law Center
- BS Industrial Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
Ray Heflin focuses his practice on drafting and prosecuting utility and design patent applications. Ray works in a wide range of mechanical and electro-mechanical technologies including power tools, medical devices, automotive vehicles, semiconductor fabrication, semiconductor packaging, telecommunications, medical imaging, high pressure presses, power generating equipment, white goods, toys and consumer products.
Ray also provides patent analysis and client counseling including infringement and validity opinions, strategic planning, and pre-suit and pre-purchase due diligence related to existing patents or patent portfolios. Ray frequently lectures domestically and abroad on numerous patent law topics.
Before joining Capitol City TechLaw, Ray was a Principal at the Reston, VA office of Harness, Dickey & Pierce, PLC. He also worked as an Associate in the Washington, DC office of a large patent boutique firm. Prior to his legal profession, Ray worked at Johnson & Johnson, Ethicon, Inc., in Somerville, NJ, where he supervised assembly, packaging and sterilization processes of surgical wound closure products.
- Strategic Global Portfolio Management and Client Counseling
- Industrial Design Patents
- Freedom to Operate Analyses
- Patentability Evaluations
- Post-Grant Proceedings
- Due Diligence Investigations
- Proceedings before the PTAB
- Firm Founding Member
- Mechanical Practice Group Leader